If you write a college essay based on what you’ve learned from the Purpose Challenge toolkit, you can submit it for the chance to win money for college! You can enter on this “The Purpose Challenge Contest” that is administrated by ProSocial Consulting. The contest is open to U.S. high school seniors currently planning to attend college in the fall of 2018. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the contest.
ProSocial is a strategy consulting and campaign management firm in the business of high-impact social change. They build innovative, multiplatform public engagement campaigns in the pursuit of sustainable social impact on a wide variety of issues.
- Award Amount: Total $50,000
- Deadline: February 1, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- The contest is open to U.S. high school seniors currently planning to attend college in the fall of 2018.
- Those who are currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least sixteen (16) years of age as of the date of entry.
- Any participant that is a minor in his or her jurisdiction of residence must have the written permission of his/her parent or guardian prior to entry and such entry shall be deemed submitted by the parent/guardian and shall be treated as if the parent/guardian had made such entry.
Instructions for Applying:
All entries for the contest must be completed by the given link: https://purposechallenge.org/toolkit/
In order to apply for the contest, applicants must write an essay but the essay, not more than 650 words. All Essays submitted must respond to the prompts and questions set forth in the Contest Toolkit located on the Website, including a description of a personal, long-term or far-horizon goal and what motivates you to achieve it.
- Must be in the English language.
- Must be copied and pasted into the appropriate field on the Contest Website. Sponsor will not accept attachments.
- Must be the participant’s original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea).
- Essays must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
- Must not include third-party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures, except those of Sponsor
- There will be One (1) Grand Prize awarded. The Grand Prize consists of a twenty-five thousand dollar ($25,000) scholarship.
- There will be five (5) Second Place Prizes, each of which consists of a five thousand dollar ($5,000) scholarship.
Detailed Information Link: