Award Amount: $12,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: Nov 29, 2017 5 pm PST
Winner Announcement: Not Known
4Culture is delighted to offer “The Arc Artist Fellowship” for artists to develop their practice. The Arc Eligibility Requirement of the Fellowship will change annually. This year, artists with physical, developmental, cognitive, intellectual, and/or emotional disabilities are eligible to apply. The Arc Artist Fellowship offers operational support for artists as they pursue their creative work.
4Culture is a tax-exempt public development authority (PDA), with a fifteen member Board of Directors, who are nominated by the King County Executive and confirmed by the King County Council. 4Culture works to make the region vibrant. Using lodging tax and percent-for-art revenues, 4Culture’s staff, the board of cultural advocates, advisory committees, and peer review panelists support a diverse array of cultural endeavors.
Applicants must meet the following criteria
- You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of King County.
- Artists with physical, developmental, cognitive, intellectual, and/or emotional disabilities are eligible to apply.
- You must meet the 2018 Arc Eligibility Requirement as defined below.
- You may not be current 4Culture staff, Board, or Advisory Committee Member.
- You may not have received funding from Community 4Culture or an Arc Artist Fellowship.
Instructions for Applying:
You must create an account through the given link to apply for the scholarship program:
- Work Samples are required of all applicants. You are encouraged to submit work samples of past or in-process projects that best exemplify your work. Prints, transparencies, musical scores, brochures, and press-clippings will not be accepted.
- You must submit work samples in one of the formats listed below.Additionally, you may choose to select the second format, if you work in multiple disciplines or believe your work is best represented in different media.
- Recommended formats by discipline:
- Music: audio format
- Dance: video format
- Theater: video or manuscript format
- Visual: digital image format
- Literary: manuscript format
- Media: video or manuscript format
- A maximum of ten (10) JPGs in the order in which they are to be reviewed. JPG (.jpg) files only. Images must be under 2MB, 1920 pixels on the longest side and 72 dpi at least.
- A writing sample, in English, of no more than ten (10) pages (plus one (1) cover page) with a minimum font size of 12 points. Include a cover page with your name and title of work(s) and label each page with your full name/group name.
- A maximum of three (3) work samples.
You may submit up to three audio files using SoundCloud.
Applicants may mail in or hand-deliver work samples. Mailed materials must have a United State Postal Service postmark sent to:
Attn: The Arc Artist Fellowship
101 Prefontaine Pl S
Seattle, WA 98104
The Arc Artist Fellowship provides $12,000 awards to the winning applicants.
Detailed Information Link:
Questions about the Fellowship you can contact to Heather Dwyer, 206-263-1597
Questions about your application you can contact to Melissa Newbill, 206-263-1603