Award Amount: $20,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Are you an artist or artist collective working independently? If your answer is yes then you have an amazing chance to apply “ABOG Fellowship for Socially Engaged Art” provided by Blade of Grass. Artists or artist collectives working independently of a 501c3 nonprofit are eligible to apply. The fellowship supports artists who work with the intersection of social practice and contemplative practice. A primary goal of ABOG is to make the “invisible” parts of socially engaged art visible.
A Blade of Grass offers a variety of services including landscape design, installation, and maintenance throughout Boston and the Boston Metro West area. They provide resources to artists who demonstrate artistic excellence and serve as innovative conduits for social change.
You are encouraged to apply if you are:
- Artists or artist collectives working independently of a 501c3 nonprofit are eligible. If you are working under a registered 501c3, you are not eligible to apply
- If you are a collective, you must submit one application. Multiple applications for collectives are not permitted
- Applicants must be US citizens or US residents with legal work status
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age
- You are not eligible if you have received an ABOG Fellowship as an individual or as part of an artist collective in the last 3 years
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants can go through the given link to apply for the fellowship: https://abladeofgrass.wufoo.com/forms/abog-fellowship-letter-of-interest-2018/
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A 500-word letter of intent that describes your project
- A URL to a website that showcases your project or body of work
- A CV (or multiple CV’s if applying as a collective)
- An informational diagram that describes your stakeholder network and/or project participation
Artists who win the receive $20,000 in minimally restricted support.
Detailed Information Link: