Award Amount: $2,500 each
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: September 30 and April 30, each year
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) Foundation is pleased to announce its annual three scholarships named as the WomenIn scholarship, the Randy Pausch scholarships, and the Mark Beaumont Scholarship. The program is open to a female-identifying full-time undergraduate student who is starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2017-18 academic school year. Through the programs, the AIAS provides scholarships to individuals pursuing careers in all aspects of game development and the business of gaming.
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS) was founded in 1996 as a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and recognition of the interactive arts. The organization has more than 20,000 members.The mission of the AIAS Foundation is to advance an inclusive worldwide interactive entertainment creative and business community through collaboration, education, and professional development.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants to the WomenIn Scholarship must identify as women intending to pursue a career in any aspect of interactive entertainment including art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, law, marketing, and business administration.
- Applicants to the Randy Pausch Scholarship must intend to pursue a career in any aspect of game development including art, animation, programming, engineering, game direction, game design, sound design, and music composition.
- Applicants to the Mark Beaumont Scholarship must intend to pursue a career in any aspect of the business of game development including law, marketing, business management and human relations.
- General eligibilities:
- Must be a female-identifying full-time undergraduate student starting their second year or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university in the United States during the 2017-18 academic school year.
- Major: Any field.
- GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants do not need to be a US citizen or permanent resident to apply. In compliance with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who receives a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
- Family members of AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donation) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application go through the given links:
- The WomenIn scholarship-https://aiasfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/q5707ml1jdm4nw/
- The Randy Pausch scholarships Fund- https://aiasfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/z120qvlc0fux3w8/
- The Mark Beaumont Scholarship-https://aiasfoundation.wufoo.com/forms/m1lrt54w0q6ntu0/
To complete this application, you must upload the following:
- Verification of enrollment in an undergraduate (minimum 2nd year) or graduate studies program for the 2017-2018 academic year (2016-2017 academic year for Mark Beaumont Scholarship).
- Two-page (maximum) personal statement, including:
- Information about your studies and how you will benefit the game industry
- A statement addressing your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
- Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
- Letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually.
- Letters of recommendation must address your potential to make a significant contribution to the game industry through character, service, or leadership abilities.
- Transcripts – Transcripts must be mailed a hard copy to the address provided in the application package.
The applicant can Mail directly from your university your most recent official college/university transcript (with school stamp, school official’s signature, or embossed stamp/seal) and school’s grading system. Address all transcripts to:
c/o Mark Beaumont Scholarship
11175 Santa Monica Blvd, Suite 440
Los Angeles, CA 90025
All Scholarship through the AIASF is for $2,500. A number of scholarships awarded each round vary, however in the past the Mark Beaumont and Randy Pausch scholarships average two awards and the WomenIn scholarship averages 10.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any additional question, contact by email to scholarships-at-interactive.org.