Title: Student Specialist (2 Position)
Salary Range: $15.60 per hour
Consideration Date: Open until filled
The University of Washington Libraries is pleased to offer job on monographic section and the government publications section of ARCS position. Position is conveniently located on campus and the hours are flexible. It is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the academic library technical services/acquisitions field. Assist in the daily operations of the monographic receiving section, or in the government publications section, of the Acquisitions and Rapid Cataloging Services (ARCS) division, Suzzallo Library.
The University of Washington (commonly referred to as UW, simply Washington, or informally “U-Dub”) is a large, public flagship research university in Seattle, Washington, established in 1861. Washington is one of the oldest universities on the West Coast. It has three campuses, with the oldest and largest being located in the University District of Seattle and two others in Tacoma and Bothell.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to type/key quickly and accurately.
- Able to perform detailed, routine work with accuracy.
- Knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Able to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain scheduled hours.
- Able to lift 45-pound boxes.
- Monographic section position: reading knowledge of one European language (French, German, or Italian).
- Prior library work experience.
- Experience with library databases such as Ex Libris Alma and OCLC.
- Available to work at least two or more quarters, including summers.
- Monographic section position: Reading knowledge of an additional European language (Spanish, or a Nordic language such as Swedish or Norwegian).
How to Apply:
To applying for the job applicants must go through the given link to download the application form:
To be considering for the job you must provide the following material:
- Application Form
- Cover Letter
Applicants must upload to the Library student employment online dropbox by the given link:
The payment rate is $15.60 per hour.
For additional information or questions regarding student job opportunities, or for assistance with the application process, you can contact the Student Employment Coordinator, UW Libraries: