Award Amount: $17,500
Number of Awards: Three (3)
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Winner Announcement: February 15, 2018
For those students who want to tie their studies (in any major) to the big picture of life Acton Institute provides an opportunity to apply for “Acton Institute Oikonomia scholarships”. Incoming or presently enrolled undergraduate students who have not yet attained a four-year undergraduate diploma are welcome to apply. The scholarship provides the opportunity to explore how God’s purposes are woven into the family, work, art, charity, education, government, recreation, and all of creation.
The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty is an American research and educational institution, or think tank, in Grand Rapids, Michigan (with an office in Rome) whose stated mission is “to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles”.
In order to participate in the scholarship, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be incoming or presently enrolled undergraduate students who have not yet attained a four-year undergraduate diploma.
- Applicants must certify active involvement in a church or campus ministry.
Cover Letter: A cover letter, limited to one page, must accompany the video application and:
- Clearly, state that the applicant has watched all seven episodes of FLOW
- Indicate how the applicant learned of the scholarship opportunity
- Anything else the applicant would like to share about himself or herself
Documentation: Applicants must provide documentation that verifies enrollment in an accredited undergraduate program.
- If the applicant is an incoming student, a letter certifying acceptance along with a letter stating intent to attend that school.
- (Some schools have an official enrollment verification form.
- A letter from an appropriate office within the school can also be used to verify enrollment.)
A Video: After watching all seven episodes of FLOW, applicants must create a video that is no longer than five minutes, answering the following questions:
- Why did you choose to attend the university that you are attending?
- Why did you chose the major that you have chosen and what career is that helping you to prepare to do?
- How are these choices preparing you to work for the life of the world?
A Letter: Applicants must include a letter from his or her pastor, small group leader, or other people able to certify that the applicant is active in church or campus ministry.
All complete applications must be submitted electronically to flow-at-acton.org
- First place winner will receive: $10,000
- Second place winner will receive: $5,000
- Third place winner will receive: $2,500
Detailed Information Link:
Any questions regarding this scholarship may be sent to flow-at-acton.org