Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 3rd, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The American Geosciences Institute (AGI) is delighted to announce “Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship”. The scholarship is open to all women who are pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the geosciences. The scholarship is merit-based program and applicants will be evaluated on their probability of successfully completing a geoscience graduate program and transitioning into the geoscience profession.
The American Geosciences Institute (AGI) is a nonprofit federation of 51 geoscientific and professional organizations that represent geologists, geophysicists, and other earth scientists. The Institute represents and serves the geoscience community by providing collaborative leadership and information to connect Earth, science, and people.
In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following eligibility
· All women pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in the geosciences at an accredited U.S. institution of higher education in a recognized geoscience program.
· Applicants will be thesis-based, full-time students and due to the nature of the position.
· Applicant must either be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Instructions for Applying:
Are you interested to apply for the scholarship, you may check the given link:
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
· Submit a list of AGI’s professional member societies to which you are a member, and include your membership identification number for each.
· Indication of which graduate school you are attending, or intend on attending. Please include any acceptance forms or letters from the institution. (NOTE: You do not yet have to be accepted into your graduate program to apply for the Harriet Evelyn Wallace Scholarship. However, you will not receive any support until you have formally accepted your admission to the graduate program). Additionally, please indicate your expected graduation term and year clearly on your application.
· Curriculum Vitae (not resume), including short descriptions of any geoscience, technology, academic, professional development or applicable extracurricular activities. Please do not include descriptions of courses or coursework.
· A strict, 500-word limit abstract about your research interests in graduate school, why you can accomplish that research and what impact it will have on the geoscience community.
· A strict, 500-word limit personal statement about your non-academic interests. What roles do your passions, hobbies, employment, or other activities have in your life? Why are they important to you? How do these additional items make you a competitive applicant for the Wallace Scholarship?
· The successful applicant will be awarded $5,000 for her first scholarship year.
· All Wallace Scholars are eligible to receive a second scholarship of $5,000.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any question, you can contact to coordinator Heather Houlton at wallacescholarship-at-agiweb.org.