The “Alamo Colleges Districts” is inviting applications for “Alamo Colleges Foundation scholarships”. Students who are graduating from high school, currently enrolled college students, former college students, or the first time in college students may apply for scholarships. The award amount of the scholarship varies according to the program.
The Alamo Colleges District is a network of five community colleges in San Antonio and Universal City, Texas, and serving the Greater San Antonio metropolitan area.
Scholarship Applicants must meet the following criteria
- Be enrolled at any of the Alamo Colleges.
- Be enrolled full time (12+ hours) or part-time (6-11 hours), depending on scholarship criteria.
- Be pursuing an Associate Degree, Certificate of Completion, or transfer program at the Alamo Colleges.
- Have and maintain a satisfactory grade point average (GPA): 2.00 – 4.00
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as required by Student Financial Services.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Instructions for Applying:
The online application must be completed by the given link:
In order to apply applicants must write an essay should not be more than 250 words. In your essay, you must answer the following three (3) essay questions.
- Describe your background and life experiences to include any challenges or successes. Explain how these experiences prompted you to pursue a higher education.
- Describe your educational, career and life goals. Explain your plan for achieving these goals. Include your certificate/degree plan, why you selected it, and how earning a certificate/degree will help you achieve your goals.
- Explain how receiving a scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
All transcript and essay must be sent to the address and/or email below for scholarship consideration.
Alamo Colleges Foundation, Inc.
District Office of Institutional Advancement
1819 N. Main Avenue
San Antonio, Texas 78212-3941
The scholarship award amount of the scholarship varies according to the program.
Application deadline for the scholarship is Sunday, April 1, 2018.
Detailed Information Link: