Award Amount: Total $162,000 for three years
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 16, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The American Cancer Society’s mission is to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. That’s why they are pleased to announce the Postdoctoral Fellowships to support for researchers who have received a doctoral degree to provide training leading to an independent career in cancer research.To eligible, the applicant must be United States citizens or permanent residents of the United States at the time of application.
The American Cancer Society is the nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.Their Global Headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia, and we have regional and local offices throughout the country to ensure we have a presence in every community.
- Researchers who have received a doctoral degree to provide initial funding leading to an independent career in cancer research (including basic, preclinical, clinical, cancer control, psychosocial, behavioral, epidemiology, health services and health policy research).
- Must be United States citizens or permanent residents of the United States (at the time of application)
Instructions for Applying:
- To be applying, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://proposalcentral.altum.com//
- Applications must be submitted in two formats: an electronic version and one paper copy.
- Cover page
- Application templates
- Table of contents
- Pending fellowship applications
- Biographical sketch of applicant
- Reply to previous review (resubmissions only)
- Previous critiques (resubmissions only)
- Statement of experience, training potential of this fellowship, and career goals of applicant
- Plans for work under fellowship
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of science outreach and advocacy
- Proposed training and mentoring
- Facilities available
- Biographical sketch of mentor(s)
- Support of mentor
- Compliance statements
- Appendix to application
Send the complete application package to The American Cancer Society Extramural Research Department 250 Williams Street NW, 6th Floor Atlanta, GA 30303-1002 404-329-7558
- Awards may be for three years with progressive stipends of $48,000, $50,000, and $52,000 per year, plus a $4,000 per year fellowship allowance.
- An additional $1,500 is added to the fellowship allowance in the last year to attend the ACS Postdoctoral Fellows Symposium or a domestic scientific meeting.
- Depending on availability of special endowment funds, the Society annually selects one or more of the top-ranked fellowships to be supplemented above the standard stipend.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions about how to apply for a particular grant or anything else they can help you, contact at 800 875 2562 (Toll-free U.S. and Canada), +1 703 964 5840 (Direct Dial International) or by email at pcsupport-at-altum.com