Title: Commercial Assistant
Salary Range: FSN-9 NT$974,469 p. a, FP-5 $52,765 p. a.
Work Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours/week
Consideration Date: October 01, 2017
American Institute in Taiwan is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Commercial Assistant in the Kaohsiung Branch Office. The American Institute in Taiwan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
The American Institute in Taiwan is a non-profit organization established under the auspices of the United States government to serve its interests in Taiwan. Primarily staffed by employees of the United States Department of State and local workers, AIT is a de facto embassy providing services normally provided by a United States diplomatic mission.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, business administration, public administration or international trade is required.
- Prior Work Experience: At least four years of progressively responsible experience in southern Taiwan in business, government or NGOs in the field of marketing, trade promotion, economics or international trade is required.
- Language Proficiency: Level IV (Fluent) English and Level IV (Fluent) Mandarin are essential. Strong English writing skills.
Additional selection criteria:
- Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: non-sensitive security clearance.
How to Apply:
The application must be downloaded from the given link:
- The salary for ordinary resident (OR): FSN-9 NT$974,469 p. a.
- Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-5 $52,765 p. a. Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.