American University of Sharjah is a co-educational institution of higher education in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).Founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Sharjah, the university was envisaged by His Highness as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. Located in University City in Sharjah, The university is a not-for-profit, independent institution of higher education formed on the American higher education model.
It is a very diverse university that brings together more than 6,000 students from more than 99 countries and a full-time faculty of more than 370. US offers 25 majors and 48 minors at the undergraduate level, one graduate certificate program and 13 master’s degrees programs through the College of Architecture, Art and Design, the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Engineering and the School of Business and Management.
American University of Sharjah (AUS) is a comprehensive, independent, non-profit, coeducational institution of higher education that fosters excellence in teaching, learning, and research. AUS educates lifelong learners who display mastery in the core competencies of their areas of specialization, and who communicate clearly, think critically and solve problems creatively.
- In 2012, American University of Sharjah was ranked in the world’s top 450 universities by the London-based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
- Of more than 2500 global institutions considered by the organization for 2012–2013, AUS was ranked in the top 2170 bracket, a substantial climb from the previous year’s 601+bracket.
- AUS was ranked in the top 411-420 by 2016, making it the best university in UAE.
Academics and Research
- They invite you to discover the rich diversity of programs that offer across a wide range of disciplines and academic fields of endeavor.
- AUS a faculty of the highest distinction in order to provide the best possible courses of instruction.
- You will also discover that mission is not narrowly focused on providing only a technical education.
- By providing a distinctive blend of liberal learning plus a solid grounding in discipline-based instruction, AUS succeeds in preparing our graduates for a lifetime of engagement and leadership.
Grants and Scholarships
- At AUS, they do their best to ensure that financial means do not become a hindrance for qualified students to get the best education they deserve.
- Students, regardless of race, gender, religion or national origin, are encouraged to apply for financial aid and assistance.
- They offer a wide range of grants, scholarships and work-study opportunities for both undergraduates as well as graduate students to help them finance their education.
Programs Offered By The University Of Sharjah
- Graduate Programs: The University of Sharjah currently offers 27 Graduate programs in a variety of specializations:
- Executive Master in Business Administration (EMBA)
- Molecular Medicine and Translational Research
- Arabic Language
- English Language
- History and Islamic Studies
- Computer Science
- Undergraduate Programs: From mass communication and architecture to computer engineering and business administration, AUS offers a wide range of choices at the undergraduate level.
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Science in Visual Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Management
- Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
Campus Life and Services
- The university offers students full-facility dormitories, a sports complex, and a gym.
- Other amenities include a health center, a pharmacy, a bank, a post office, a barbershop, a ladies beauty salon, and two convenience stores.
- The distinctive architecture of the domes and arches of the academic and administrative buildings is accentuated with graceful Arab motifs.
- The academic buildings house classrooms and lecture halls of various sizes; a state-of-the-art library; science, language, computer and engineering laboratories; workshops and digital studios; and offices for faculty, academic administrators, and support staff.
- Unlike most American universities, AUS requires faculty members and their families to live on campus with the intention of providing students with a learning and living environment that allows for on-going interaction with faculty members and their families.
- Address: Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
- Phone: +971 6 515 5555
- Website: https://www.aus.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for the latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer