Award Amount: Range from $150 to $5,000
Number of Awards: Upto 50
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The American Occupational Therapy Foundation is delighted to announce the AOTF Scholarship Program. The program is open to students who are currently enrolled full-time in either a professional occupational therapy educational program or an occupational therapy assistant program. The mission of the AOT Foundation is -to advance the science of occupational therapy to support people’s full participation in meaningful life activities.
The American Occupational Therapy Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable, scientific and educational organization founded in 1965. It serves the public interest by supporting occupational therapy research and increasing public understanding of the important relationship between everyday activities (occupations) and health.
To eligible, applicants must meet all eligibility requirements:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at an AOTA accredited or developing professional level (master’s or OTD) or occupational therapy assistant (OTA) program.
- Have completed at least one year of occupational therapy specific coursework. If you are studying to become an occupational therapy assistant, you must be in your final year to be eligible.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application through the given link: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fAOTF
A complete application will consist of:
- Applicant contact information including appropriate membership information.
- Academic background.
- Resume including volunteer service, extracurricular activities, honors and awards received, work experience.
- Essay question: Response 500 words max. The essay provides an opportunity for the Scholarship Selection Committee to assess an applicant’s personal and professional attributes and is an important part of the application
- Reference/Recommendation Forms: Two are required. Enter the name and email address of two references (must be submitted by December 14, 2017).
- Program Director’s Statement
The scholarships range in value from $150 to $5,000.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any query, address questions to scholarships-at-aotf.org or by telephone at the AOTF office 240-292-1034.