Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: February 1, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
The American Philosophical Society is excited to offer the Lewis and Clark Fund grants.These Grants will be available to doctoral students, as well as U.S. citizens and residents wishing to carry out research anywhere in the world. Lewis and Clark Fund grants amounts will depend on travel costs but will ordinarily be in the range of several hundred dollars up to about $5,000. Grants are payable to the individual applicant.
The American Philosophical Society (APS), founded in 1743 and located in Philadelphia, is an eminent scholarly organization of international reputation that promotes useful knowledge in the sciences and humanities through excellence in scholarly research, professional meetings, publications, library resources, and community outreach.
To eligible, the applicant must meet grants criteria:
- Applicants must be S. citizens and residents wishing to carry out research anywhere in the world. Foreign applicants must either be based at a U.S. institution or plan to carry out their work in the United States.
- Grants will be available to doctoral students. Postdoctoral fellows, master’s degree candidates, and undergraduates are not eligible. Applicants who have previously received a Lewis and Clark Fund grant may reapply after an interval of two years. Preference is given to applicants who have not yet been granted an award from the Fund.
- When appropriate, the applicant should provide assurances that safety measures will be taken for potentially hazardous projects. When necessary, the applicant and his or her supervisor should discuss the field training that will be provided and the provisions for experienced supervision. Funding is contingent on successful applicants demonstrating that required permits and permissions have been secured
Instructions for Applying:
You can sign up through the given link to apply for the grant: https://aps.onlineapplicationportal.com/
- Applicants should ask their academic advisor to write one of the two letters of recommendation, specifying the student’s qualifications to carry out the proposed work and the educational content of the trip. Budgets should be limited to travel and related expenses, including personal field equipment
- Proposals that are archival in nature or museum-based will not normally be considered. The proposed work should be dissertation directed to the extent possible given the applicant’s year in the doctoral program.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that all materials, including the required two letters of support, have reached the Society on time; contact Linda Musumeci, Director of Grants and Fellowships, at LMusumeci-at-amphilsoc.org.
The American Philosophical Society will provide an award up to $5000 for the individual candidates
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any queries, contact to 215-440-3429.