Award Amount: $23,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 1
Winner Announcement: April 15
The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) is proud to announce the ASF’s Fellowship Award Program to individuals to pursue research, study or creative arts projects in one or more Scandinavian country for up to one year. The program is open to United States citizens or permanent residents who have completed their undergraduate education by the start of their project in Scandinavia.The ASF promotes the first-hand exchange of intellectual and creative influence between the United States and the Nordic countries: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) is a publicly supported American non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. ASF has an extensive program of fellowships, grants, intern/trainee sponsorship, publishing, and cultural activities. Headquartered in New York City, ASF has members throughout the United States, and alumni and donors worldwide.
- Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education by the start of their project in Scandinavia.
- Team projects are eligible, but each member must apply as an individual, submitting a separate, fully-documented application.
- First priority will be given to applicants who have not previously received an ASF award. Only in exceptional cases will a third award be considered.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: https://apply.amscan.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Security.LoginWizardStepOne
- The American-Scandinavian Foundation (ASF) offers fellowships (up to $23,000) and grants (up to $5,000) to individuals to pursue research, study or creative arts projects in one or more Scandinavian country for up to one year.
- Grants are considered suitable for post-graduate scholars, professionals, and candidates in the arts to carry out research or study visits of one to three months duration.
- Fellowships are intended to support a year-long stay. Priority is given to candidates at the graduate level for dissertation-related study or research.
- The number of awards varies each year according to total funds available. Awards are made in all fields.
- The awards support project-related costs, including maintenance, trans- Atlantic round-trip travel, in-country travel, tuition and fees (where applicable) and materials expenditures (e.g., books, photocopying, and art supplies).
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact by Tel – 212-779-3587 or amscan.org info-at-amscan.org