Award Amount: Not more than $55,310
Number of Awards: 5
Deadline: November 5, 2017,at 5 pm
Winner Announcement: December 1, 2017
The Ashford University is proudly offering five scholarship opportunities to San Diego County military spouses at both the Associate’s and Bachelor’s degree levels.The AU Homefront Heroes Scholarship program is open only to legal residents of the United States of America and San Diego County, California who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry and have a high school diploma or GED. The purpose of the AU is to provide learning opportunities that help students synthesize theory and practice, enabling them to respond ethically to contemporary issues and complex problems.
The mission of Ashford University is to provide high-quality, accessible, affordable, innovative, educational programs that meet the diverse needs of individuals pursuing advancement in their lives, professions, and communities. Ashford University was established in 1918, is an online for-profit university headquartered in San Diego, California.
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you are:
- A spouse or surviving spouse of an active-duty member of the US military (including the Coast Guard),
- A National Guard or reserves member, or
- A veteran who:
- Is a legal resident of the United States of America and San Diego County, California
- Is at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry
- Has a high school diploma or GED.
- Employees of Ashford University, Ashford’s affiliates, subsidiaries, parent and related companies and agents, and members of the immediate family and/or household of any such employee, are not eligible.
- Current students of Ashford are eligible to apply, and any award will be applied to future classes only.
- All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Void where prohibited or restricted.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: https://www.ashford.edu/homefrontheroes/
Applicants will be required to provide their name, address, telephone number, date of birth, and e-mail address and to submit via the entry site responses to two essay questions:
- How has your experience as a military spouse influenced your education and career goals?
- How will a degree from Ashford help you achieve your goals? Responses must not be longer than 250 words per question and shall be written in English.
Essay Guidelines: All submitted essay responses must be in English and no longer than 250 words per question.
- A total of five (5) recipients will be selected by a scholarship committee designated by Ashford University.
- The exact dollar amount of the scholarship will vary depending on the degree program in which the recipient enrolls.
- The scholarship covers all tuition, required books, standard shipping costs for textbooks, and technology services fee costs for the duration of the program.
- The approximate retail value of each scholarship will vary depending on the Ashford specific degree program, but is expected to be not less than $29,522 and not more than $55,310.
Detailed Information Link: