Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) is pleased to announce “ASHRAE Scholarship”. Applicants must be full-time enrolled in an accredited undergraduate engineering or engineering technology program recognized by ASHRAE. Through its scholarships, ASHRAE seeks to motivate students and prospective students worldwide to pursue an engineering or technology career in the HVAC&R field.
The ASHRAE was founded in 1894 at a meeting of engineers in New York City, formerly headquartered at 345 East 47th Street, and has held an annual meeting since 1895. ASHRAE (sometimes pronounced ash-ray), stands for the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. It was founded in 1894 and has more than 50,000 members worldwide.
Please see the basic entry requirements below
- Full-time enrollment in an accredited undergraduate engineering or engineering technology program recognized by ASHRAE and listed for each scholarship.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a scale where 4.0 is the highest and/or a class ranking of no less than 30% evidenced by submission of an official transcript of grades and/or statement from a school administrator
- nearest ASHRAE chapter following an interview with the applicant
- Potential service to the HVAC&R profession
- Financial need
- Leadership ability (activities, leadership roles, community service, etc.)
- Work ethics (summer jobs, part-time jobs, etc.)
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested you can apply online for the scholarship by the given link:
If you are interested in the position, your application should include:
- Official transcript of grades and/or statement from a school administrator
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from an instructor or faculty advisor, a current or past employer, and another character reference.
- Evaluation Form downloaded from the given link: https://www.ashrae.org/File%20Library/docLib/Student%20Zone/Schol-Evaluation-Form.pdf
Submit scholarship application, including all supporting documents to:
1791 Tullie Circle, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
The applicant who does the bet will receive $10,000.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any questioned you can call at Phone: 404-636-8400, Fax: 404-321-5478 and email at lbenedict-at-ashrae.org