Award Amount: $5,000
Number of Awards:1
Deadline: November 20, 2017 (Monday, 11:59 pm PST)
Winner Announcement: January 2018
The Asia Foundation is happy to announce its Asia Foundation Development Fellowship Program.The program is designed for highly talented Asian individuals, under age 40, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure. The program will be conducted in South Korea, Sri Lanka, and USA with a flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to “improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia.” Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, its programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century.
Applicants for the fellowship must meet each of the following requirements:
- The applicants must have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise– governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation.
- Applicants must be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2018.
- Applicants must be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required).
- Applicants must be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Applicants must be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan; Bangladesh; Cambodia; China; India; Indonesia; Japan; Korea; Laos; Malaysia; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Pakistan; Philippines; Singapore; Sri Lanka; Thailand; Timor-Leste; and, Vietnam.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant must create a new account or log-in to register and submit an online application through the given link: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/developmentfellows_2018
The application must be completed online and consists of the following components:
- Personal information
- Written submission
- Supplementary materials: CV and transcript
- Video submission
- (2) Letters of reference (managed online)
In preparation for the application process, please secure the following:
- Your passport information
- An electronic copy of your unofficial transcript (for upload)
- An electronic version of your Resume/CV (for upload)
- A video recording device such as a cellphone, webcam, or digital/video camera
You can review the Application Guidelines download through the given link is: https://asiafoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/AFDF_2018-Application-Guidelines-and-Instructions.pdf
The Asia Foundation will provide an award up to$5,000 with a flexible small grant for the winning candidates.
Detailed Information Link: