Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 8th, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Association of College and Research Libraries is pleased to announce “VAL Travel Scholarship” for librarians. ACRL invites applications from those seeking to present work on the impact of academic libraries at higher education conferences or disciplinary conferences. The scholarship program is designed to support librarians in their efforts to communicate to their partners in higher education including administrators, scholars, and teachers working in all disciplines.
The Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), a division of the American Library Association (ALA), is a professional association of academic librarians and other interested individuals. ACRL has its roots as the College Library Section section of ALA which was which first met in 1890, attended by 15 librarians representing major colleges located on the east coast of the United States.
Please see the basic entry requirements below:
- Applicant must have submitted a proposal or have had a proposal accepted to the conference where he/she wishes to present at the time of application.
- Granting of the scholarship is conditional upon the proposal being accepted by that conference.
- Consideration will be given to proposals for reimbursing expenses for presentations delivered between September 1, 2017, and the date of application on a case-by-case basis.
- Each applicant must be a member of ACRL and employed as a librarian or information professional in an academic or research library in the year prior to application.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants can download the application cover sheet by the given link: http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/VALtravel_app_form.pdf
- A completed cover sheet
- Your CV or resume
- Presentation Proposal (maximum 2 pages)
- Include the abstract/proposal you submitted to the conference, which should clearly outline the purpose, methodology, and outcomes of the project on which this presentation is based.
- If you collaborated on this project with others, please briefly explain the role of the different members of the project team.
- Funding Proposal(maximum 2 pages)
- If you stated that you have other funds available from your institution or another source of support to travel to this conference, please explain briefly what this funding supports and why you are seeking an ACRL travel scholarship in addition to it.
- Provide an itemized budget with a list of anticipated expenses totaling no more than $2000. Reimbursable expenses include conference registration, lodging, travel (round-trip economy airfare, train ticket, or mileage), and meals (up to $50 per diem).
- Statement of Institutional Support (maximum 1 page)
- This should be written by your supervisor, department head, library director, provost, etc. to indicate that they support travel to the conference as part of your professional development and, if applicable, will provide other funds to supplement this scholarship.
Applicants must email all application material in a single PDF file to Sara Goek, sgoek-at-ala.org.
The scholarship fund will provide total $10,000 up to $2,000 each.
Detailed Information Link:
If your questions, you can contact ACRL Program Manager and Mellon/ACLS Public Fellow Sara Goek at sgoek-at-ala.org or 312-280-5841.