The Army Women’s Foundation and Trident University are soliciting applications for AWF-Trident University Full Ride Scholarship Program. It will be awarded to the woman who has served or is serving honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve, Army National Guard or the child/lineal descendant of a woman. The scholarship is based on the following factors: merit, academic potential, community service, letters of recommendation, and need.
The U.S. Army Women’s Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in Fort Lee, Virginia. The mission of the Army Women’s Foundation is to promote public interest in the Army and recognize and honor the service of all Army women through programs, research, and scholarships.
- Award Amount: Full ride
- Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
All recipients meet the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Applicant must be a woman who has served or is serving honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve, Army National Guard or the child/lineal descendant of a woman who served honorably in the U.S. Army, U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard.
- College and University Scholarships: Applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better for all prior coursework.
- Graduate Program Scholarships: Applicant must be enrolled in a Masters or Doctoral program and have achieved an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Instructions for Applying:
There are both online-offline mode is available to apply for the scholarship.
Online application link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbfoEmosdxwCRWYzXzqHpY4SmiHVaxkBM_d_vD5Aysg1mE4g/viewform
All materials should be sent directly to USAWF Legacy Scholarship Committee P.O. Box 5030 Fort Lee, VA 23801
The Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Commander’s verification of active duty or qualified documentation of the sponsor or woman’s service (e.g. Dept. of Defense Form DD-214, Discharge Documents, Active Service Documents, etc.)
- An official transcript from any prior educational program.
- Two letters of recommendation (on letterhead for reference letters) with titles and contact information are also required. Letters of recommendation should demonstrate why a Trident Scholarship should be awarded to the specific student.
- The application requires a short essay (2 pages or less, typed, double-spaced) highlighting why the recipient should be considered for this scholarship. The essay must address future plans as related to the applicant’s selected program of study and MUST include pertinent information in assessing an applicant’s other areas to include community service, activities, and work experience. The applicant must also address specifically how the Army has impacted their life and/or goals.
- All materials must be labeled with applicant’s name and postmarked by the deadline for consideration and selection.
Trident will also provide students with recruiting benefits through Trident’s Career Advising and Development Center.
Detailed Information Link: