Job/Position Title: U.S. Human Rights Summer 2018 Law Student Internship
Salary Range: $23 million
Application Deadline: Applications from current first-year students will only be accepted after December 1, 2017.
The Association For Women’s Rights In Development is excited to offer the applications for the “U.S. Human Rights Summer Law Student Internship”. The internship will provide the successful candidate with experience in researching, analyzing, and developing human rights strategies to advance the full spectrum of reproductive rights in the United States, and will include work focused on maternal health and assisted reproductive technologies.
The Association For Women’s Rights In Development (AWID), formerly the Association for Women in Development, is an international, feminist, membership organization committed to achieving gender equality, sustainable development, and women’s human rights. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health.
This internship program is applicable for:
- Conducting legal, factual, and other research and analysis in connection with active and potential U.S. human rights advocacy initiatives.
- Working with members of our U.S. Human Rights team to develop human rights advocacy materials.
- This internship is eligible for a small stipend if outside funding cannot be obtained.
- Completed at least one year of law school by May 2018.
- Strong legal research and writing skills, and
- Demonstrated interest in the public interest, human rights, gender justice, reproductive rights, and/or reproductive justice.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must submit an online application and upload all required material through the given link: https://reproductiverights.applicantpro.com/jobs/660633-29628.html
A complete application package should be completed online and will include the following components:
- A cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information.
- Three references must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position.
The Association For Women’s Rights In Development will provide, the annual operating budget that is approximately $23 million, the result of an extraordinary growth trajectory, the Center is now poised for a new phase of significant expansion through its next Strategic Plan.