Award Amount: Full-Tuition
Number of Awards: 5
Deadline: November 15, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Azusa Pacific University (APU) is delighted to announce five full-tuition the Trustees’ Scholarships. To eligible, the applicant must be the first-time freshman who has a minimum combined score of 1360 on the SAT or 30 on the ACT. The program recognizes Christian scholars who have consistently demonstrated high academic achievement and will perpetuate the mission of Azusa Pacific University during their academic studies and later in their chosen careers.
The Azusa Pacific University (APU) is a private, evangelical Christian university located near Los Angeles in suburban Azusa, California, United States. The university was founded, with classes opening on March 3, 1900, in Whittier, California, and began offering degrees in 1939. Azusa Pacific University was established on March 3, 1899, in Whittier, California.
Applicants must meet all of the requirements:
- First-time freshman applicant to Azusa Pacific University
- Minimum high school grade-point average (GPA) of 3.9 on a 4.0 scale or ranked in the top five percent of high school graduating class (GPA is based on grades 10 and 11, excluding PE and driver’s education, honors/AP grades are weighted)
- Minimum combined score of 1360 on the SAT (combined math and critical reading score from single test date only) or 30 on the ACT
- Demonstrated involvement in church, school, or community-related activities
- Demonstrated strong Christian commitment
Instructions for Applying:
- In order to apply, the applicant can download the scholarship application through the given link: http://www.apu.edu/live_data/files/323/trustees_scholarship_application.pdf
- Remember, in order to be considered for this scholarship, students must submit a completed Application for Undergraduate Admission, including all supporting materials at https://www.apuadmissions.org/apply/splitter.htm
- Complete a personal essay as described in the application.
- Secure letters of reference from:
- One letter of reference from a pastor/church leader
- Two letters of reference from teachers in different academic core courses
The completed Application for Undergraduate Admission and completed scholarship application with all supporting materials (including references) must be submitted online or postmarked. If submitting by mail, send all items to:
Trustees’ Scholarship Committee
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
- To fulfill the purpose, five annually renewable, full-tuition scholarships are available to assist deserving students in achieving success in their academic, spiritual, and personal development.
- Recipients will be eligible for an award up to the amount of annual tuition for a maximum of four years or completion of a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
- The total scholarship award is not to exceed the direct cost of tuition and applies to study completed at the APU campus.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at trusteesscholarship-at-apu.edu, (626) 812-3016, or contact your individual admissions counselor.