Award Amount: $1,000
Number of Awards: Eight (8)
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Beacon Credit Union is accepting applications for its scholarship program named as “Beacon Credit Union Scholarship”. Students who are entering their freshman or sophomore year of college in the fall of 2018 are welcome to apply. This scholarship program is targeted to financially assist students entering their freshman or sophomore year of college in furthering their education.
Beacon Credit Union is a full-service financial institution, offering a wide range of products and services. Having served Lynchburg and the surrounding area for over 75 years, its “vision” is to be the premier provider of quality financial services, a leader in the community and the most progressive financial institution in their field.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Applicant must not be a previous winner of the Beacon Credit Union Scholarship.
- The scholarship is to be used towards an accredited college, university or technical school.
- A student may receive a scholarship from another source and still be eligible to receive this award.
- Applicant needs to be a member of Beacon Credit Union at the time of application.
- Students applying for the scholarship will apply on a form authorized by the Board of Directors of Beacon Credit Union.
Instructions for Applying:
To download the application form applicants must check the given link:
- Current Transcripts
- To apply applicants must type or print neatly a 200-300 word essay on the following topic:
- How can a university/college/trade school education better prepare you to implement the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People” into your future life? (Please cite examples)
All complete application material must be mailed to the address given below:
Beacon Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 627
Wabash, IN 46992
There will be Eight (8) prizes available to be won which will consist of $1,000.00.
Detailed Information Link: