Award Amount: $59,000
Number of Awards: 2
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Belgian American Educational Foundation (B.A.E.F.) is pleased to announce the Belgian American Educational Foundation (B.A.E.F.) Fellowship. The program encourages applications for advanced study or research during the academic year 2018-2019, at a Belgian University or institution of higher learning. The program is open to citizens or permanent residents of the United States who are either at the time of application be registered in a Ph.D. in U.S. or equivalent degree program or holding the BAEF fellowship register in a graduate program(Master’s or Ph.D.) in Belgium.
The Belgian American Educational Foundation (B.A.E.F.) Inc. is the leading independent philanthropy in the support of exchanging university students, scientists and scholars between the United States and Belgium. On January 9, 1920, the Belgian American educational foundation was established by President Herbert Hoover.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Applicants must: either at the time of application be registered in a Ph.D. or equivalent degree program in the United States,
- Or while holding the BAEF fellowship register in a graduate program (Master’s or Ph.D.) in Belgium,
- Or hold a Master’s, Ph.D., or equivalent degree. Postdoctoral applicants should by July 1, 2018, have no more than 2 years since obtaining their Ph.D. degree.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicants can download the application through the given link: http://www.baef.be/documents/fellowships-for-us-citizens/us-application-form17.doc
To complete an application, the applicants must furnish all the following:
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- A brief autobiographical statement,
- A statement of purpose,
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
Completed applications for the 2018-2019 fellowships must be submitted as electronic documents in pdf format attached to an email sent to Emile.Boulpaep-at-yale.edu
- The B.A.E.F. will award up to ten fellowships as outright non-renewable grants carrying a stipend of $27,000 for Master’s or Ph.D. students and $32,000 for Post-doctoral Fellows.
- BAEF fellowships 2018-2019 can start between July 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018, and Fellows are expected to stay for a period of 12 months in Belgium. If the Fellow chooses to remain less than the full 12 months in Belgium, the stipend will be prorated accordingly. The minimum fellowship period is 6 months.
- In addition to the stipend, the Foundation will provide health insurance. No other supplements can be expected.
Detailed Information Link:
For additional information contact the Foundation at the above address or email: Emile.Boulpaep-at-Yale .edu