Award Amount: $8,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
At the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs is pleased to announce “Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship”. Undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions) can apply for the scholarship. A Gilman Scholarship enables American students to gain proficiency in diverse languages and cultures, skills that are critically important to their academic and career development.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be an undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited institution of higher education in the United States (including both two-year and four-year institutions).
- Be receiving a Federal Pell Grant or provide proof that he/she will be receiving a Pell Grant during the term of his/her study abroad program or internship.
- Be in the process of applying to, or accepted for, a study abroad or internship program of at least two weeks for community college students and three weeks for students from four-year institutions, in a single country and eligible for credit from the student’s home institution. Proof of program acceptance is required prior to award disbursement.
- Be proposing to study in a country not currently under a Travel Warning issued by the United States Department of State or otherwise determined ineligible for program participation.
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants can apply for the scholarship through the given link:
- Current University Transcript: One copy of your official undergraduate transcript from your current college or university.
- Transfer University Transcript(s): One copy of your undergraduate transcripts (either official or unofficial) from any previous institution you have attended listed in your application.
Over 2,900 scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded this academic year for U.S. citizen undergraduates to study or intern abroad.
Detailed Information Link: