Award Amount:1st Place – $5,000, Runners Up – Six prizes at $1,250 each, Honorable Mentions – Eight prizes at $500 each
Number of Awards:15
Deadline: February 5, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not known
Do you want to win the Essay Contest? Then hurry up! The Bill of Rights Institute is pleased to announce the “We The Students Essay Contest”. The Contest is open to all United States citizens or legal residents who are students who are no older than 19 and no younger than 14, and who are in grades 8 -12 attending public, private, religious, or charter schools. Prizes will be awarded within three months of the close of the Contest.
The Bill of Rights Institute is a nonprofit educational organization based in Arlington, Virginia that develops educational resources on American history and government, provides professional development opportunities to teachers, and runs student programs and scholarship contests.
To eligible the applicant must meet all the following:
- All United States citizens or legal residents who are students who are no older than 19 and no younger than 14 can apply.
- Applicants must be attending school in the United States, one of its territories or districts, or an American Armed Forces School Abroad.
- Applicants must in grades 8 -12 attending public, private, religious, or charter schools, or are enrolled in a GED or correspondence school program or are attending a homeschool
- Only one entry per student is permitted.
Instructions for Applying:
- Students should submit the essay on this year’s topic is: To what extent in the U.S. does the government—federal, state, or local—have the duty to monitor Internet content?
- To be eligible applicant must submit the online application through the e-mail, The link is:http://www.billofrightsinstitute.org/engage/students-programs-events/scholarship/
The Bill of Rights Institute will provide cash prizes for Students in the Students Scholarship Essay Contest
- National Grand Prize – $5,000 (plus a scholarship to Constitutional Academy)
- Runners Up – Six at $1,250 each
- Honorable Mention – Eight at $500 each
Detailed Information Link: