Award Amount: $15,000
Number of Awards: 42 annually
Deadline: November 1 of your senior year
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Boettcher Foundation is pleased to announce their merit-based scholarships (the Boettcher Scholarship program) for students provide what is essentially a full-ride to any four-year institution in Colorado. The programs are open to graduating Colorado high school seniors who have lived in Colorado for their junior and senior years of high school. Any student can request an application from their counselor or advisor if they feel they are competitive. The foundation needs Colorado’s best minds to stay in Colorado. That’s why they create a scholarship to support Colorado’s top students by providing them with Colorado scholarships to attain an excellent in-state education and access to additional opportunities that enrich their time in college.
The Boettcher Foundation is one of the largest philanthropic organizations in Colorado, based in Denver. Founded by the Claude K. Boettcher Family in 1937 to assist, encourage and promote quality of life for the citizens of Colorado, the Foundation has invested more than $300 million in Colorado through scholarships and capital grants.
To be considered for the Boettcher Scholarship, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- Be a graduating Colorado high school senior who has lived in Colorado for your junior and senior years of high school
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Meet the requirements for Colorado ASSET AND one of (a) or (b) below:
- Hold legal status in the United States or
- Meet the requirements and have applied or started the process of applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: http://boettcherfoundation.org/scholarship-eligibility-requirements-and-selection-criteria/
- Applicants will need to submit an official transcript and standardized ACT or SAT test scores mailed directly from the testing agency/agencies to the Boettcher Foundation.
The Boettcher Scholarship (Colorado scholarship)awards 42 scholarships annually and covers the cost of a scholar’s tuition, fees, and books for eight semesters/12 quarters at approved Colorado four-year universities or colleges. Additionally, Boettcher Scholars also receive a living stipend. All the following are Included in a Boettcher Scholarship:
- Full Tuition and Fees: The scholarship covers tuition as well as laboratory and other special fees at any of these accredited, four-year Colorado undergraduate institutions
- Living Stipend: Each scholar receives $2,800/year to be used toward room and board.
- Book Allowance: Each year, the college or university determines the amount.
- Campus Enrichment Programming: The Foundation provides funding to the partner Colorado colleges to enrich the college experience for Boettcher Scholarship recipients.
- Annual Events
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact to Tiffany Anderson, director of the Boettcher Scholarship program, at tiffany-at-boettcherfoundation.org or 303.285.6209.