Award Amount: $27,000
Number of Awards: Ten (10)
Deadline: October 11, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Broadcast Education Association is pleased to offer “BEA Administers Scholarship” annually, to honor broadcasters and the entire electronic media profession. Students who are enrolled in a BEA 2-Year member institution or graduates of these programs now enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution are eligible to apply. BEA serves as a forum for exposition, analysis, and debate of issues of social importance to developing members’ awareness which will ultimately help students develop as more thoughtful practitioners.
The Broadcast Education Association (BEA) was established in 1955, initially as the Association for Professional Broadcast Education, but the current name was adopted in 1973. The BEA is the premier international academic media organization, driving insights, excellence in media production, and career advancement for educators, students, and professionals.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Students who are enrolled in a BEA 2-Year member institution or graduates of these programs now enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution.
- The BEA Two Year Award is for study at member schools offering only freshman and sophomore instruction, or for use at a four-year member school by a graduate of a BEA two-year campus.
- All juniors, seniors and graduate students at BEA member institutions are eligible to apply.
- Current scholarship holders are not eligible to reapply in the year following their award.
- All scholarships must be applied to study at a campus where at least one department is a BEA institutional member.
- All other scholarships are awarded to juniors, seniors and graduate students attending BEA Member institutions.
Instructions for Applying:
The applicant can download online writable PDF forms go through the given link: http://www.beaweb.org/pdfs/ScholarshipForm1.pdf
You must provide the following documents along with your application given below:
- Personal and academic data
- Broadcast and other experience
- A written statement of your career goals in no more than 250 words
- Supportive statements from two references, one of which must be an electronic media faculty member.
Complete your application form, all materials, including transcript, must be addressed to:
Dr. Peter B. Orlik
BEA Scholarship Committee Chair
613 Kane Street
Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
- Abe Voron Award: Three scholarships of $3,000 each to Study toward a career in RADIO- Sponsored by the Abe Voron Committee
- JOHN BAYLISS SCHOLARSHIP AWARD: One scholarship of $2,500 to study toward a career in Radio – Sponsored by the John Bayliss Foundation
- BEA Founders Award: Two scholarships of $1,500 each to study any electronic media area. Preference is given to students enrolled in a BEA 2-Year member institution or graduates of these programs now enrolled in a BEA 4-Year institution – Sponsored by
- BEA Vincent T. Wasilewski Award: One scholarship of $4,000 to graduate students only. Study any electronic media area – Sponsored by Patrick Communications, LLC
- Library Of American Broadcasting Foundation Award: One scholarship of $3,000 to graduate students with a demonstrated research interest in broadcast history – Sponsored by the Library of American Broadcasting Foundation
- Richard Eaton Foundation Award: One scholarship of $2,500 to study any electronic media area – Sponsored by the Richard Eaton Foundation
- Peter B. Orlik Scholarship Award: One scholarship of $3,000 to study any electronic media area – Sponsored by the BEA Peter B. Orlik Scholarship Endowment
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions regarding the application preparation or submissions please email Dr. Orlik directly at orlik1pb-at-cmich.edu.