The California Institute of Technology is a private doctorate-granting university located in Pasadena, California, United States. California Institute of Technology is a private institution that was founded in 1891. Caltech, which focuses on science and engineering, is located in Pasadena, California, approximately 11 miles northeast of Los Angeles. Social and academic life at Caltech centers on the eight student houses, which the school describes as “self-governing living groups.”
“The mission of the California Institute of Technology is to expand human knowledge and benefit society through research integrated with education. They investigate the most challenging, fundamental problems in science and technology in a singularly collegial, interdisciplinary atmosphere while educating outstanding students to become creative members of society.”
California Institute of Technology Acceptance Rate
California Institute of Technology Acceptance Rate is 8% in 2016.
California Institute of Technology’s Ranking
- California Institute of Technology’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges is 10 in National Universities.
- Its tuition and fees are $49,908 (2017-18).
- Caltech, which focuses on science and engineering, is located in Pasadena, California, approximately 11 miles northeast of Los Angeles.
The student-faculty ratio at California Institute of Technology is 3:1, and the school has 67.4 percent of its classes with fewer than 20 students. The most popular majors at California Institute of Technology include Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services, Physical Sciences, Mathematics and Statistics, and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- California Institute of Technology offers a number of student services, including nonremedial tutoring, placement service, health service, and health insurance.
- California Institute of Technology also offers campus safety and security services like 24-hour foot and vehicle patrols, late night transport/escort service, 24-hour emergency telephones, controlled dormitory access (key, security card, etc).
- California Institute of Technology has a total undergraduate enrollment of 979, with a gender distribution of 59 percent male students and 41 percent female students.
- At this school, 86 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 14 percent of students live off campus.
Cost & Financial Aid
At California Institute of Technology, 51 percent of full-time undergraduates receive some kind of need-based financial aid, and the average need-based scholarship or grant award is $41,901.
California Institute of Technology’s Departments
- Aerospace (GALCIT)
- Andrew and Peggy Cherng Department of Medical Engineering.
- Applied Physics & Materials Science.
- Computing & Mathematical Sciences.
- Electrical Engineering.
- Environmental Science & Engineering.
- Mechanical & Civil Engineering.
- Address: 1200 E California Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
- Phone: +1 626-395-6811
- Website: http://www.caltech.edu/
You can also join our facebook page for latest updates kindly go through the given link: https://www.facebook.com/DevelopingCareer/