Award Amount: Varies from $250 to $1000
Number of Awards: 15
Deadline: February 22, 2018
Winner Announcement: May 8, 2018
Enter for your chance to win a Video Contest! The World of 7 Billion is pleased to announce its Student Video Contest. College students are invited to create a short video up to 60 seconds about human population growth. Through the World of 7 Billion video contest, students are given the platform to solve one of three global challenges and share their findings in a short video.
Population Education, a program of Population Connection, is the only national program with a strong emphasis on curriculum and professional development for K-12 educators. Since 1975, the program has developed age-appropriate curricula to complement students’ science.
In order to apply, applicants must be any middle or high school student (grade 6-12, or the international equivalent) is free to enter as well as students may be located anywhere in the world.
Instructions for Applying:
- Students must submit their videos by completing the Entry Form and uploading their video to the World of 7 Billion through the given link: https://www.worldof7billion.org/entry-form/
- You can send a short welcome Video from the contest managers for you to share through the given link: https://vimeo.com/231607652
Consider narrowing your focus by concentrating on a subtheme within your topic. Possible subthemes include:
- Advancing Women and Girls-access to education, gender equality,
women in government, women’s health, child marriage
- Feeding 10 Billion-hunger, food waste, resource, and energy use, deforestation, pollution
- Preventing Pollution-impacts on air, water, and land, climate change, human and wildlife health, ecosystem destruction
All videos must include:
- How population growth impacts the issue
- At least one idea for a sustainable solution.
Awards will be presented as follows:
- Challenge: “Advancing Women and Girls”
- High School: First Place: $1,000 , Second Place: $500 and two (2) Honorable Mentions: $250
- Middle School: First Place: $500, Runner Up: $250
- Challenge: “Feeding 10 Billion”
- High School: First Place: $1,000, Second Place: $500 and two (2) Honorable Mentions: $250
- Middle School : First Place: $500,and Runner Up: $250
- Challenge: “Preventing Pollution”
- High School : First Place: $1,000, Second Place: $500 and two (2) Honorable Mentions: $250
- Middle School : First Place: $500 , Runner Up: $250
Detailed Information Link: