Award Amount: $2,440,000
Number of Awards: 500
Deadline: November 27, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Elks National Foundation is pleased to announce its annual scholarship program named as the Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship Contest for undergraduate study only. The scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen who are pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university.Home-schooled students are also eligible to apply for the scholarship. The foundation helps youth develop lifelong skills, send students to college, meet the needs of today’s veterans, support the charitable work of the state Elks associations, and fund projects that improve the quality of life in local Elks communities.
The Elks National Foundation’s mission is to help Elks build stronger communities. They fulfill this pledge by investing in communities where Elks live and work. Help Elks build stronger communities with a tax-deductible donation to the Elks National Foundation, a public, non-profit, tax-exempt corporation as described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Tax Reform Act of 1959.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Any high school senior who is a citizen of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- College students are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed permanent legal resident status does not qualify.
- Male and female students compete separately.
- You must take either the ACT or SAT on or before November 4, 2017.
- Home-schooled students are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Most Valuable Student scholarships are for students pursuing a four-year degree, on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 semester hours), in a U.S. college or university.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply for the ELKS Most Valuable Student Contest, the applicant must complete an online application that will be opened on September 1, 2017. The link is: http://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvswinners.cfm
You will be required to upload your FAFSA Student Aid Report
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2018 competition.All expenses will be covered.
- These 20 finalists will be for two first-place awards of $50,000 (total $100,000), two second-place awards of $40,000 (total $60,000), two third-place awards of $30,000 (total $60,000), and 14 finalists will receive awards of $20,000 (total $280,000)
- The 480 runners-up will receive fifth-place scholarships of $4,000 (total $1,920,000)
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact by email Scholarship-at-elks.org or call 773/755-4732.