The University of Southern Maine (USM) is giving you chance to join this “USM Promise Scholarship Program”. To be eligible, the student must apply for fall 2018 admissions to USM and be admitted as an undergraduate first-year or transfer student. The scholarship program is designed to help students overcome financial and academic barriers.
Situated in Maine’s economic and cultural center, the University of Southern Maine (USM) is a public university with 8,000 undergraduate and graduate students taking courses online and at campuses in Portland, Gorham, and Lewiston-Auburn.
- Award Amount: Tuition or awards to cover fees, books, room & board or other costs
- Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
To receive the USM’s New Promise Scholarship, a beneficiary must:
- The student will apply for fall 2018 admissions to USM and will be admitted as an undergraduate first-year or transfer student.
- If awarded the scholarship, the student will enroll at USM full-time with a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester and/or take 30 credits per year (can use winter and summer terms to reach 30 credits).
- Students must be a Maine resident or meet State of Maine residency requirements.
- The student must show demonstrated financial need and if eligible the student must submit the FAFSA.
- Preferably, scholarship applicants shall have a recommendation from a youth development organization and be a first-generation college student.
Instructions for Applying:
In order for an application to consider all interested applicant check the given link: https://usm.maine.edu/scholarships
The scholarship will provide up to half of USM tuition, or awards to cover fees, books, room & board or other costs to bridge gaps in financial aid, renewable up to four years.
Detailed Information Link:
Additional inquiries may be sent to:
Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
124D Wishcamper Center – Portland Campus
(207) 780 – 4770