Award Amount: $600 stipend
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: Late October 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
At Columbia University, the Center for Career Education (CCE) is sponsoring the Startup Internship Program (SIP) to helps students and alumni develop the key competencies necessary to make informed decisions and take the necessary steps to achieve their career goals.The SIP program is designed to meet the demand of students who are excited, engaged and curious to know more about the startup community and thinking about pursuing a career in the startup space.Throughout the SIP program, interns take part in educational programming to help explore possibilities in the startup industry.
The Center for Career Education (CCE) partners with students throughout their time at Columbia to provide them with information, skill development programs, internships and jobs, and networks. CCE helps students to prepare for the workplace and make informed career decisions while at Columbia and as alumni.
- You must be a full-time currently enrolled student in both the fall and spring semesters in Columbia College, The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, School of General Studies, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences or School of the Arts.
- You must be able to commit 10-20 hours per week for the entire 12-week internship.
- You are only eligible to be part of the SIP program one time during your time at Columbia University. If you are studying abroad, we encourage you to apply. If you will be abroad during this time, indicate this on your cover letter.
- The applicants may apply for up to three internships oﬀered through the SIP.
- The SIP program is a combination of internship experience at a startup, peer connections with other SIP interns, and professional career development with direct support from a career counselor. The program features the following:
- Pre-program training that includes program overview, professional skills workshops, panel discussion from startup professionals
- Twelve-week internship for 10-20 hours per week during the spring semester
- Networking with other interns to discuss and debrief on internship experiences
- One-on-one career counseling appointments throughout the twelve weeks to support and enhance the internship experience
- End-of-program reﬂection session where students meet to acknowledge achievements made through the program
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit required documents by login or create an account through the given link: https://columbia.joinhandshake.com/login
The following documents must be submitted through LionSHARE for each position of interest:
- Cover Letter (if required by employer)
- Transcript (can be unoﬃcial): This is your current semester course schedule which you should access by logging onto Student Services Online, clicking on “My Schedule” and copying and pasting your course schedule into a Microsoft Word Document. The schedule should show your full name, your school, your spring 2017 Courses, and your enrollment status.
You will receive a $600 stipend for their internship work (provided by the employer and the center). The candidates will:
- Gain a richer understanding of the startup industry in New York City and have had substantial professional experience working at forwarding thinking and entrepreneurial institutions
- Learn about a wide variety of career possibilities and have opportunities to network with startup professionals and other SIP interns
- Gain a more in-depth understanding of and appreciation for the many facets of a start-up organization
- Be able to articulate your experience and reﬂect upon your internship experience appropriately to highlight key transferable skills
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact at (212) 854-9167 or careereducation-at-columbia.edu.