Award Amount: $30,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: December 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Carolina’s Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement (CERRA) is glad to announce “Teaching Fellows Program”. The fellowship is designed to high school seniors who have exhibited high academic achievement, a history of service to their school and community, and a desire to teach in South Carolina. The mission of the South Carolina Teaching Fellows Program is to recruit talented high school seniors into the teaching profession and help them develop leadership qualities.
Carolina’s Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement (CERRA) is the oldest and most established teacher recruitment program in the country. The Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention, & Advancement was established by the Commission on Higher Education in December 1985 and is funded by the South Carolina General Assembly.
Candidates for the program must demonstrate that they:
- A United States citizen or permanent resident alien legally authorized to be in the United States (Please note – students categorized as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) are not eligible for Teaching Fellows).
- A legal resident of South Carolina.
- A high school senior or junior graduating early.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications must be completed by the given link:
- The fellows will receive up to $24,000 in fellowship funds (up to $6000 a year for four years) while they complete a degree leading to teacher licensure.
- The fellowship provides up to $5700 for tuition and board and $300 for specific enrichment programs administered by CERRA.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question you can mail to E-mail teachingfellows-at-cerra.org or call Katie Gibson at 803-323-4032.