Title: Assistant Professor- Forest Operations and Harvesting
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: September 28, 2017
The Department of Forestry and Environmental Conservation (FEC), at Clemson University is seeking applications for the tenure-track position. The position is a 9-month appointment with responsibilities in teaching, along with research and/or extension (research and extension responsibilities negotiable, based on the expertise and interest of the candidate). The successful candidate is expected to develop an extramurally funded research program in the field of forest operations, in areas such as harvesting, wood procurement and forestry best management practices (BMPs), and/or conduct extension activities related to these fields.
Clemson University is an American public, coeducational, land-grant and sea-grant research university in Clemson, South Carolina. Clemson is the second largest university in South Carolina. As of 2016, Clemson University enrolled a total of 18,599 undergraduate students for the fall semester and 4,807 graduate students and the student/faculty ratio is 16:1.
For this position applicants must:
- Ph.D. in forest operations/Harvesting, forest engineering, or similar fields, from a program with an SAF accredited undergraduate Forestry program (or equivalent).
- An undergraduate forestry degree or a Masters of Forestry or Forest Resources from an SAF accredited program is also desirable.
- Candidates with a strong interest in undergraduate teaching and mentoring are desired.
- Preference will be given to candidates with postdoctoral research experience, evidence of research productivity, and a demonstrated ability to secure external funding to support an active research program to support the Land Grant mission.
- Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply by the given link:
You must be submitting the following information along with your application:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact info for 3 references
- Statement of teaching experience and philosophy
- Research statement
- One-page statement of commitment to diversity
- Unofficial transcripts
You can address your question at the address given below:
Donald Hagan, PhD