Award Amount: $5000
Number of Awards: 2
Deadline: October 01 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Cleveland Browns Foundation, in partnership with College Now Greater Cleveland, has made it their mission to help local high-school students pursue their dreams of a college education through the Marion Motley Scholarship Program.The Scholarship Program is an exciting opportunity for a motivated student whose long-term career goal could include working in education or for a professional sports organization in any of a variety of capacities. The program is open to high school seniors graduating in 2018 who plan to major in areas that could lead to a career working in education or for a professional sports organization.
The Cleveland Browns Foundation is dedicated to a solution-based, holistic approach to ensure Northeast Ohio youth receive the development and education they need as a foundation for independence and success. The Cleveland Browns Foundation established in 1999.
- Applicants must be high school seniors graduating in 2018 who plan to major in areas that could lead to a career working in education or for a professional sports organization, such as but not limited to: accounting, business, communications, event management, exercise science, finance, graphics, design, human resources, information technology, journalism, kinesiology, marketing/advertising, public relations, or sports management.
- Students must be enrolled in a high school located in Northeast Ohio, on track to graduate at the end of the 2017-2018 academic year, and planning to enroll in a two-year or four-year college in 2018 in order to apply.
- They also must meet the following minimum qualifications: 2.5 cumulative grade point average through junior year in high school, 18 ACT or 860 SAT (highest math and highest verbal) and meet the College Now income guidelines as follows:
- Size of Family Unit – AGI
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for the 2017 Cleveland Browns Marion Motley Scholarship, the applicant must submit an online application through the given link: https://www.collegenowgc.org/find-scholarships/ or https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/39116-College-Now-Greater-Cleveland
- Copy of high school transcript showing cumulative grade point average through the end of junior year (Note: senior year grades will be required before final selections are made)
- Copy of SAT or ACT scores (Note: scores on an official high school transcript are acceptable, but copies of the report from the testing agency are preferred. (Only test scores through September 2016 will be accepted)
- Copy of 2016 tax forms for student, Parent 1 (mother/father/stepparent) & Parent 2 (mother/father/stepparent); either 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ. If taxes were not filed, copies of 2016 W-2 form(s) or letter stating no income earned in 2016 required. (Note: a copy of the 2017/2018 FAFSA will be required before selections will be finalized)
- Essays (two are required, questions on application)
- Extracurricular resume or list of activities
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor who knows you well
- The Cleveland Browns Foundation and College Now annually seek two deserving students who are on track to graduate from high school in 2018 to receive four-year, renewable scholarships in the amount of $2,500 per year(Total $5,000).
- Now in its tenth year, the partnership between the Cleveland Browns Foundation and College Now has awarded more than $240,000 of scholarship funds to 24 students.
- Semi-finalists will be asked to participate in an individual interview at the College Now Greater Cleveland Resource Center (50 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44113).
- Finalists may be asked to participate in the second interview with the location to be disclosed at a later date.
Detailed Information Link:
For more information, please Robert Durham, at rdurham-at-collegenowgc.org or call 216.635.0450.