Job Title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Geology
Position Status: Full-time
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: November 15, 2017
Colorado College is seeking applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of experienced Assistant or Associate Professor. They seek a dynamic scientist with expertise in a subfield(s) of geology that complements but does not overlap, those of current faculty members in the department. The successful candidate is expected to have research and teaching interests that can strengthen departmental connections with other science programs at Colorado College (e.g. biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, archaeology, and environmental science).
The Colorado College is a private liberal arts college in Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States, near the foot of the Rocky Mountains. At Colorado College, their goal is to provide the finest liberal arts education in the country. Drawing upon the adventurous spirit of the Rocky Mountain West, we challenge students, one course at a time, to develop those habits of intellect and imagination that will prepare them for learning and leadership throughout their lives.
To apply for this job position, an applicant must:
- Has expertise in a subfield(s) of geology that complements, but does not overlap, those of current faculty members in the department. Areas of expertise could include but are not limited to: geobiolog the evolution of earth systems, hydrology, geochronology, geohazards, and environmental geophysics.
- Has an educational and/or research program that focuses in some part on geologic questions in the Rocky Mountains/western United States, and who is acquainted with the geologic evolution of the Colorado Rocky Mountains.
- Has research interests designed to advance fundamental understanding of processes in the Earth’s surface and subsurface,.
- Has a strong background in quantitative approaches such as GIS, numerical models, or geoinformatics, and utilizes novel measurement techniques, models, and datasets.
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please go through the given link: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/3062/pre_apply
For this job position all applicants must submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Sample of Scholarly Publications
- Sample of Scholarly Writing
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness (e.g. syllabi, course evaluations, etc.)
If you have any questions, please contact geology-at-coloradocollege.edu