Award Amount: $1,500
Number of Awards: Sixteen (16)
Deadline: January 29, 2018
Winner Announcement: May 1, 2018
The Colorado Council is pleased to offer “Volunteerism/Community Service Scholarship” to encourage and reward college-bound youth. Graduating high school seniors or continuing college students are eligible to apply for the scholarship. The scholarship is intended to individuals throughout the state who give generously of their time and talents to help students achieve their higher educational goals.
The Council is a non-profit member organization made up of colleges and high schools in Colorado, founded in 1949.The Colorado Council on High School/College Relations is a volunteer member organization comprised of Colorado high school counselors and college admission staff who work together to help educate and assist students in achieving their higher educational goals.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior or continuing college student
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident and a resident of Colorado for his or her final two years of high school
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student at a Colorado Council Member Institutions within six months of graduating from high school
- Applicant must demonstrate significant experience in volunteerism/community service
- Applicant must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale
Instructions for Applying:
Application form can be downloaded by the given link:
To apply, students must be ready to submit the following
- Two recommendation forms (one from a high school/college official and the other from someone who knows the applicant through involvement in community service)
- Recommendation form can be accessed below. Please email your recommender the link. The form must come from them directly. This will be verified.
- An official high school and college (if applicable) transcript. (If you are in your first year of college, please also send your high school transcript so the committee can see a long history of your academic record).
A complete online application form must be mailed to the following address:
ATTN: Tiffany Anderson
CCHS/CR Scholarships Committee
P.O. Box 718
Denver, CO 80201
The scholarship amount of $1,500 will be awarded to 16 deserving Colorado high school seniors or continuing college student.
Detailed Information Link: