Award Amount: $2,500 to $5,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 8, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
Charitable Foundation Scholarship aim is to promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, professional standards and civic welfare, and to provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build a better community. The Columbian Club of Chicago is proud to announce its merit-based scholarships named as the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation Scholarship. The program is open to those students, who are currently enrolled or entering as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year college student or who are a graduate student at the time of application.
The Columbian Club of Chicago is an organization of Italian-American business and professional men limited to one hundred active members with no more than si from any one discipline. The mission of the Columbian Club is to cooperate in creating and maintaining sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or entering as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year college student or a Graduate student at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the State of Illinois, and at least 25% of Italian lineage.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicants can download the application through the given link: http://columbianclub.org/wp-includes/images/ccc/COLUMBIAN_CLUB_CHARITABLE_FOUNDATION_SCHOLARSHIP_APPLICATION_2017.docx
The materials required:
- Recent Transcript
- Two letters of reference
- Confirmation of acceptance into school (if entering as a first-year student)
- A 2”x 2”passport style photograph (color or black & white, actual photos only – scanned paper photos not accepted due to poor reproducibility) (Please sign back of photo)
- Personal information summary to include:
- Attach an original essay of 250 words or less (double-spaced) addressing How your Italian Heritage has impacted you.
- Attach an original written essay of 300 words or less (double-spaced) explaining why you are in need of a scholarship, and if awarded one how it will assist you in your future endeavors.
- Biographical personal statements
- List of activities including your volunteer services
- Attach Resume (if applicable)
- Schools attended and years graduated
- School now attending: GPA or class rank
- Awards: Previous Columbian Club Charitable Foundation Scholarship(s) and other Scholarships and/or awards
All of the required materials are to be submitted to the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation in one mailing. Retain a copy of the completed application and materials submitted for future reference. Direct all correspondence to:
Columbian Club Scholarship Committee
1035 N Kenilworth Ave
Oak Park. IL 60302
- The merit-based scholarships will range from $2,500.00 to $5,000.00. These dollar amounts and number of scholarships may vary according to funding available and are the sole discretion of the Columbian Club Charitable Foundation Committee.
- Scholarship recipients must be present at the annual dinner to receive their award. The Installation Dinner Dance will be held Saturday, January 13, 2018, at 5:30PMatMedinah Country Club, 6N001 MedinahRd, Medinah, IL 60157.
Detailed Information Link: