Award Amount: Living stipends with an additional travel stipend
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: Application will open in December
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) would like to announce DC Public Service Internships and Public Service Field Internships. CAPAL internships and scholarships are open to students of all identities. However, an individual’s interest and commitment to Asian Pacific American issues will be considered. CAPAL envisions a future with equitable AANHPI representation throughout all levels of government and public service.
The Conference on Asian Pacific American Leadership (CAPAL) is a 501(c)(3) charitable and educational organization dedicated to building leadership and public policy knowledge within the Asian Pacific American community. Its mission is to promote APA interests and success in public sector careers, to provide information and education on policy issues affecting the APA community, and to serve the APA community at large.
All applicants must be:
- Only currently enrolled students are eligible for an internship or scholarship through CAPAL.
- Only applicants with a 3.0 GPA or higher will be considered.
- U.S. citizenship is not required for CAPAL’s Public Service internships. Permanent residents, and in some instances, interns with appropriate work visas, are eligible to apply.
- Specific citizenship and residency requirements may vary by federal agency.
Instructions for Applying:
To be applying for the internship you can check the given link: http://www.capal.org/programs/scholarships-and-internships/
The online application must include all of the following components.
- Personal statement
- Current official or unofficial transcript
- Letter of recommendation
- Public Service internship and scholarship recipients are awarded living stipends with an additional travel stipend based on students’ locations.
- Public Service internships and scholarships are 8 weeks long and conducted during the summer beginning on Monday, June 4 and concluding at CAPAL’s Summer Closing Ceremony, exact dates to be determined.
Detailed Information Link: