Award Amount: $100,000
Number of Awards: 2
Deadline: November 1, 2017, and November 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
With the sponsorship of the Society for the Humanities, the Department of English and the Department of History of Art are inviting the applications for a two-year Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in English and History of Art. These programs are open to those who have received the Ph.D. degree after September 1, 2012, and no later than June 30, 2018. International applicants are also welcome to apply.
Cornell’s Society for the Humanities was established in 1966 as one of the first humanities research institutes in North America. Located in the historic home of Cornell’s first president, Andrew Dickson White, the Society brings distinguished visiting fellows, Cornell faculty, and graduate student fellows together each year to pursue research on a rotating interdisciplinary focal theme.
To eligible for both (English Fellowships and History of Art Fellowships), the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants eligible for the Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship for the 2018/19 – 2019/20 academic years include those who have received the Ph.D. degree after September 1, 2012, and no later than June 30, 2018.
- Applicants who do not have the Ph.D. in hand at the time of application must include a letter from the committee chair or department stating that the Ph.D. degree will be conferred before the term of the fellowship begins.
- International applicants are welcome to apply, contingent upon visa eligibility.
- The Department of History of Art is seeking applicants who are specialists in the in the field of 20th-century Europe and North America, spanning the years 1914-1991, with particular emphasis on art between WWI and WWII.
- The Department of English is seeking applicants in the field of literature and science.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply for Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in English and Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in History of Art, the applicants can submit an online application through the given links:
- Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in English- https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/9228
- Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship in History of Art- https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/9176
- Cover page (will be generated via your AJO account) with:
- Full name and home institution
- Date (or expected date) of Ph.D
- Research interest(s)
- Referees’ names and emails
- Curriculum vitae
- Detailed statement of research interests
- Course proposal with sample syllabus for introductory, 2000-level course
- Course proposal with sample syllabus for upper, 4000-level course
- One writing sample [30-page limit]
- Three letters of recommendation. Ask referees to upload their letters directly through the link provided by Academic Jobs Online.
- Letters must be received on or before November 1, 2017, for fellowship in History of Art.
- Letters must be received on or before November 30, 2017, for fellowship in English.
- The Department of English invites applications for a two-year Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship position beginning July 1, 2018. The fellowship offers a stipend of $50,000/year.
- The Department of History of Art invites applications for a two-year Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship position beginning July 1, 2018. The fellowship offers a stipend of $50,000/year.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question: contact them by phone: 607-255-9274 or email: humctr-at-cornell.edu