Award Amount: $20,000.
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: February 2, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD) is excited to announce the “Ph.D. Scholarship Program” in Communication Sciences and Disorders. The program is designed for those students who have advanced to the candidacy stage of their respective doctoral programs. The program is designed to help those students who are a focus on an academic career in communication sciences and disorders.
CAPCSD has evolved into an organization whose vision it is to be the definitive source of leadership, education, and advocacy for academic programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Its mission is to promote quality, accessibility, and innovation in Communication Sciences and Disorders in higher education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- At the time of the application, candidates must have successfully advanced to candidacy in a regionally accredited academic program
- Applicants must hold CAPCSD member institution with membership in good standing as of September 15, 2017.
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicant can submit an online application by login or join through the given link:
To apply for the scholarship, students should submit the following:
- Stated commitment to an academic career in communication sciences and disorders
- Strength of proposed dissertation research project
- Strength of applicant CV (publishing, presenting, teaching, etc.)
- The strength of rationale for how this scholarship would impact timely completion of Ph. D.
- Strength of mentor nomination letter
- Cover letter from the applicant with a brief introduction of the research project and stated commitment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Support from research advisor
- Advisor’s bio sketch
- Summary of the dissertation research (1,000-word limit)
- Dissertation research plan
- Specific aims/objectives
- Methods and outcome measures
- Anticipated completion date
The Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPCSD) will provide an award up to $20,000 for the deserving candidates.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have questions, you can contact Deborah Ortiz at dortiz-at-capcsd.org.