Award Amount: $1000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: November 1, 2017
Winner Announcement: January 2018
The Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) is pleased to announce the availability of “CCME Scholarship” to United States Service members (active duty/veterans) and spouses of Service members. The scholarship is open to those who are currently enrolled in an educational program at a regional or national accredited institution and is a member institution of CCME. CCME’s mission is to promote and provide educational programs and services and to facilitate communication between the membership and the DoD educational support network.
Council of College and Military Educators (CCME) is an active proponent for the professional development of those serving in the military education community by providing a forum for the exchange of information on educational programs, strategies, and innovation among its members and associated partners.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled in an educational program at a regional or national accredited institution and is A member institution of CCME
- First-time associate, bachelor, or graduate degree seeker
- Be a uniformed service member (active, reserves, guard)
- Have a minimum of 12 or more hours (units) with a cumulative 2.5 GPA (undergraduate) from the CCME member institution, minimum 6 or more hours (units) with a cumulative 3.0 GPA (graduate) from the CCME member institution.
Instructions for Applying:
- To be eligible for the scholarship applicants must write an essay and should be at least 400-750 words in length. The essay topic for all scholarship is as follows: What challenge resulting from change have you transformed into an opportunity?
- In order to qualify for scholarship, students must first complete an application, the link is: http://www.ccmeonline.org/loretta_cornett_huff/scholarship/application
- Submit an unofficial college or university transcript from your current institution.
- Submit two (2) recommendation forms (form must be used) be completed by persons unrelated to the applicant, who will attest to their motivation, character, integrity and educational pursuit.
- One recommendation must be from a faculty member or academic advisor.
The person who does the best will receive $1,000.
Detailed Information Link: