Award Amount: $50,000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 20, 2017
Winner Announcement: January 2018
The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) is delighted to announce the Davies-Jackson Scholarship.Through the program, CIC welcomes applications from students who, having attained a high level of achievement in the humanities, social sciences, and the arts, wish to enhance their education through study within the British tutorial system. The program provides a unique opportunity for seniors who are graduating in 2018 or who have graduated in 2017. The program is expressly intended for students who are among the first generation in families of limited financial resources to graduate from college.
The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) is an association of nonprofit independent colleges and universities that have worked since 1956 to support college and university leadership, advance institutional excellence, and enhance public understanding of private higher education’s contributions to society.
- Seniors who are graduating in 2018 or who have graduated in 2017 and who have not yet begun graduate school with a 3.7 or higher overall grade point average.
- Applicants should be among the first generation in their family to graduate from a four-year college or university.
- Applications are accepted for study in the following areas: Archaeology, Classics, Economics, Education; English, Geography, History, History of Art, History of Modern Languages, History of Politics, Human, Social and Political Sciences, Mathematics, Modern and Medieval Languages, Music, Philosophy, and Psychological and Behavioural Sciences.
- The list of the institutions from which students are eligible to apply for the scholarship, along with more information and application forms, can be found on the Davies-Jackson website: www.cic.edu/DaviesJackson.
How to Apply:
In order to apply, the applicant must download the application and recommendation form goes through the given links:
- Applicant Form- https://www.cic.edu/p/Davies-Jackson-Scholarship/Documents/Davies-Jackson-Application-Form.pdf
- Recommendation Form – https://www.cic.edu/p/Davies-Jackson-Scholarship/Documents/Davies-Jackson-Recommendation-Form.pdf
Applicants must include all the following with each completed application:
- A passport-sized photograph
- Official college transcripts
- Original written work
- Two recommendations
The applicant must send the completed application form and four additional copies to- Stephen Gibson, CIC Director of Programs, Davies-Jackson Scholarship, c/o The Council of Independent Colleges, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 320, Washington, DC 20036.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Supported by an anonymous benefactor, the Davies-Jackson Scholarship covers all fees, room, and board during term-time for up to two academic years (beginning in September), and living expenses during summer vacation.
- Travel to and from England also is covered.
- The award is valued at $50,000, depending on prevailing exchange rates
Link for More Information:
If you have any query, contact to Stephen Gibson Director of Programs at sgibson-at-cic.nche.edu