Award Amount: Partial funding for study abroad
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: October 19, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not known
The City University of New York Baccalaureate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies (formerly the CUNY Baccalaureate Program) is offering the CUNY Chancellor’s Global Scholarship or Study Abroad. The program is open to an undergraduate student at a CUNY community or senior college at the time of enrollment in the study abroad program. The program provides funding to CUNY students who are planning a study abroad experience.
Established in 1971, The City University of New York Baccalaureate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies (formerly the CUNY Baccalaureate Program) provides students with a flexible, academically challenging way to earn their degree while giving them a major share of the responsibility for the content of that degree.
- Undergraduate student at a CUNY community or senior college at the time of enrollment in the study abroad program.
- Study abroad program must be credit-bearing and fit into the student’s degree plan. If selected, applicants must submit documentation showing that the course(s) fit into her or his major, minor, Pathways or elective requirements, or the award will be rescinded.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider CUNY study abroad programs, including those offered by other CUNY campuses by EPermit. Non-CUNY study abroad programs must be approved by the study abroad office or international education liaison at the student’s home college.
- Applicants must either be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens according to FAFSA rules as the following:
- U.S. permanent resident, with a Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Receipt Card or “Green Card”)
- Conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
- Another eligible noncitizen with an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations: “Refugee,” “Asylum Granted,” “Indefinite Parole,” “Humanitarian Parole,” or “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”
- A citizen of the Republic of Palau (PW), the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MH), or the Federated States of Micronesia (FM).
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants are encouraged to consider CUNY study abroad programs through the given link: https://travelregistry.cuny.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.AdvancedSearch
A completed FAFSA application for the 2017-18 academic year at https://fafsa.ed.gov/index.htm
The Chancellor’s Global Scholarship provides partial funding on a competitive basis to CUNY students planning a study abroad experience.
Detailed Information Link: