Award Amount: A stipend for 40-hour work weeks
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: January 31st
Winner Announcement: March
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University is offering a summer research program named as the Diversity Outreach Opportunities Research (D.O.O.R.). The program is to provide science and engineering students an opportunity to conduct research with faculty and scientists at the Applied Research Laboratory/Penn State collaborative.This outreach program is available to 3rd – 5th-year undergraduates and graduate students in the physics, engineering, and materials science disciplines. The 10-12 week research-focused internship program is open to achieving students from Penn State and from Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and Minority Serving Institutions with whom ARL has a research partnership.
The Applied Research Laboratory (ARL) at Penn State University was established in 1945 at the request of the U.S. Navy. The ARL will support their nation’s priorities through excellence in research and commitment to mission. Its mission is an integral part of one of the leading research universities in the nation.The ARL provides solutions to problems in national security, economic competitiveness, and quality of life.
- Undergraduate students with junior or senior status and recent graduates in engineering or science at a U.S. college or university are eligible
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed the sophomore or junior year. Graduate applicants must have had at least one year of research experience.
Instructions for Applying:
- To apply, the applicants may download an eligibility form from the given link: https://www.arl.psu.edu/sites/default/files/Images/door_app.pdf
- Orthe applicants may make a request for a copy of the eligibility form to Patricia Hayes ARL Open D.O.O.R. Coordinator Applied Research Laboratory P.O. Box 30 State College, PA 16804-0030 (814) 863-9940 Email: pgh1-at-arl.psu.edu
Each applicant must supply all the following:
- The recommendation of one faculty member, administrator, or advisor
- An unofficial copy of your transcript
- A copy of your most recent resume
The applicants must submit their completed eligibility form with all the required materials to the given address: Patricia Hayes ARL Open D.O.O.R. Coordinator Applied Research Laboratory P.O. Box 30
State College, PA 16804-0030 (814) 863-9940 Email: pgh1-at-arl.psu.edu
- Participants receive a stipend for 40-hour work weeks. Additional allowances may apply.
- Undergraduates earn $13–14 per hour.
- Graduate students may earn up to $26.56 per hour.
- Travel expenses, housing, and meals are also provided.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, contact at telephone: (814) 863-9940 or email: pgh1-at-arl.