Award Amount: Monthly stipend of EUR 650
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: January 31, 2018
Winner Announcement: Not Known
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is pleased to announce a “DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship”. Students who are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany are eligible to apply. The goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at German universities.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD (German: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation. DAAD is a private, federally funded and state-funded, self-governing national agency of the institutions of higher education in Germany, representing 365 German higher education institutions (100 universities and technical universities, 162 general universities of applied sciences, and 52 colleges of music and art) .
This scholarship program is applicable for those who:
- Are currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany.
- Are seeking DAAD support for a 4-10 month period in Germany during the German academic year.
- Possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as evinced by both their grades and letters of recommendation.
- Have well-defined study, research or internship plans for their stay in Germany.
- Submit the DAAD language evaluation form with their application, although German language competency is not mandatory.
- Demonstrate an interest in contemporary German and European affairs and who explain the significance of their project in Germany to their future studies, research or professional goals.
- Are enrolled, full-time students in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university.
- Will return to the US or Canada after the scholarship period to complete their bachelor’s degree.
Instructions for Applying:
The application must submit online by the given link:
To be considered for this scholarship, you must submit the following application materials by the deadline:
- Curriculum vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Statement about academic and personal reasons for the planned study project in Germany (letter of motivation, 1-3 pages)
- Statement of Support and Credit Eligibility, to download click on the link in the box to the right.
- Proof of acceptance into Study Abroad Program, Exchange Program, letter by mentor or invitation from a German university. This can be submitted after the rest of the application, but prior to starting the program. In this case, please include in your application a letter from your study abroad office or the program you are applying to, which confirms that you are indeed applying for the respective program.
- College Transcripts (can be scanned and uploaded in non-certified form.)
- Language Evaluation Form (Sprachzeugnis), to download click on the link in the box to the right. If you have any knowledge of German, submit this document signed by a faculty member of the German Department at your institution. If you have no knowledge of German and your study language in Germany is English, be sure to submit this certificate anyway, indicating that your study language is English, and write at the top “No knowledge of German.” (Note that German is not a requirement for the Undergraduate Scholarship).
- Two reference forms:
- The reference forms have to be generated and downloaded in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference”.
- You must submit two reference forms completed by two separate faculty members in your major at your home university
Your referees must also send a scan of the signed form/letter via email to undergrad-at-daad.org.
- Monthly stipend of EUR 650, health, accident and liability insurance, travel allowance.
- Study abroad & exchanges
- Internships of 3 months or less as part of a semester of study abroad
- Internships of up to 10 months that are a mandatory and integral part of the course of studies
- Senior thesis research stays
Detailed Information Link: