Award Amount: Costs of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 30, 2017, 4:00 p.m. MST
Winner Announcement: January 2
The Daniels Fund is now offering its highly competitive the Daniels Scholarship Program to high school senior. It is an exciting and challenging program that provides the opportunity to obtain a four-year college education at any accredited nonprofit college or university in the United States. In order to apply, the applicant must be graduating from a high school in one of those four states (Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming) and have demonstrated financial need. The program offers resources, encouragement, and inspiration far beyond the financial assistance needed to earn a college degree.
The Daniels Fund, established by cable television pioneer Bill Daniels, is a private charitable foundation dedicated to making life better for the people of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming through its grants program, scholarship program, and ethics initiative. Their goal is to help each Daniels Scholar succeed in college and ultimately become independent, successful in a rewarding career, and actively engaged in their community.
To be eligible for the Daniels Scholarship Program, students must satisfy the following requirements at the time of application:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. Residency of parents or legal guardians does not affect eligibility
- Be a resident of Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Be a high school senior graduating from a school in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, or Wyoming
- Earn ACT scores of at least 17 in each category (Math, English, Reading, Science), or a SAT Math score of at least 470 and an Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of at least 450. Writing scores are not required. All test scores must come from a single test and must be submitted by the application deadline. Super scoring is not accepted
- Applicants must complete the 2018/2019 FAFSA before applying
Instructions for Applying:
To apply, the applicants can submit an online application through the given link: http://www.danielsfund.org/Apply.asp
As part of the application, students are required to submit documents that will be used to verify their eligibility, such as their:
- Student Aid Report from the FAFSA
- Official ACT/SAT scores
- Citizenship and residency documentation
- Other financial documents.
- One recommender
- Three references
- The Daniels Scholarship is a comprehensive college scholarship that pays toward the costs of tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and miscellaneous educational expenses.
- It is a “last dollar” scholarship, and therefore secondary to all other grants and scholarships awarded to the scholar.
- After considering the student’s other scholarships, financial aid (federal, state, and institutional), and any work-study they accept, as well as their Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the Daniels Fund will pay toward the remaining costs of the scholar’s education.
- The amount of the scholarship is unique to each Daniels Scholar and can vary from year to year.
- Daniels Scholars may attend any two or four-year, nonprofit accredited college or university in the United States.
- Daniels Scholars may attend any two or four-year, nonprofit accredited college or university in the United States. Scholars must intend to complete a bachelor’s degree. If a scholar starts at a two-year college, they must be on a path to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Daniels Scholarships may not be used at technical or trade schools, or for participation in certificate programs.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have additional questions or want to more information regarding the Daniels Scholarship Program, contact them by e-mail: ScholarSelection-at-DanielsFund.org or phone: 877.441.3139 toll-free 303.393.7220