Award Amount: Monthly stipend and related expenses for 12 months
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline October 13, 2017, at 5:00 pm Pacific Time
Winner Announcement: Not known
The Winston Fellowship is pleased to announce the David A. Winston Health Policy Fellowship Program to learn about the political system through direct exposure to public and private sector roles in health policy development. The fellowship is available to those applicants who must be eligible to work in the United States for the 12 months of the Fellowship. If you are not a US Citizen but are eligible to work in the US, you may apply. The Fellowship provides the opportunity to expand your knowledge of health policy-making through firsthand, direct exposure to both public and private sector decision makers in Washington, DC.
The David A. Winston Health Policy Fellowship commemorates the contributions and personal qualities of David A. Winston who, for 20 years, played a significant role in shaping American health policy. David Winston served as a bridge between the public sector, which he knew well from long experience, and the private sector, in which he deeply believed.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States for the 12 months of the Fellowship.
- If you are not a US Citizen but are eligible to work in the US, you may apply.
- As long as you graduate in the academic year of the current application cycle (September to June), you will be considered eligible for the Fellowship
- If you worked in health policy previously in Washington, you may still apply but candidates with no previous experience will be given preference.
- The applicant who is completing a post-graduate degree, are eligible to apply.
- No limit on how many students from a program, department, school or university may apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for the fellowship, the applicant can register by creating an account through the given link:
The application requires the following:
- A current resume.
- A statement of interest that details your motivation for a career in health policy, a description of what you hope to gain from the Fellowship, and how your experiences and education will complement the David A. Winston Health Policy Fellowship. The statement should not exceed 1,200 words.
- Three letters of recommendation, one from a current faculty member, one from a current or former supervisor, employer, or preceptor, and one from an individual who is knowledgeable about your academic and/or leadership experience.
- Academic transcripts (both undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts may be photocopies and need not be sent to the University. Online grade reports will not be accepted unless sent directly from the registrar. A key to interpreting coding on transcripts must accompany transcripts that do not use the A-F grading format.
- A narrative synopsis of your community involvement, including past and current extracurricular and volunteer activities in the community and on campus. Do not exceed one page.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Winston Fellowship offers a twelve-month post-graduate experience in Washington, DC to students from member universities of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration (AUPHA) & Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH).
- The Fellowship provides a monthly stipend and related expenses for a twelve-month period beginning in July.
- The Fellowship brings new graduates of health policy and related programs to Washington, DC for a year-long experience interacting with the movers and shakers in national health policy through interviews and through placement in a relevant position.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact by email: Fellowship-at-winstonfellowship.org.