Award Amount: $1500
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Winner Announcement: Not Known
DECA’s in partnership with the Franchise & Research Foundation is pleased to announce the Fred DeLuca Scholarship and the Doc Cohen Scholarship. The Fred DeLuca Scholarship and the Doc Cohen Scholarship are open to high school seniors and Collegiate DECA members who intend to pursue a college major with a focus in business or franchise management. The purpose of the scholarship is to recognize and support students who are enrolled in an accredited college/university with studies in business or franchise management by providing financial assistance.
DECA (also known as Collegiate DECA on the college level and previously known as Delta Epsilon Chi and Distributive Education Clubs of America) is an international association of high school and college students and teachers of marketing, management, and entrepreneurship in business, finance, hospitality, and marketing sales and service.
Eligibility requirements for Fred DeLuca Scholarship
- Must have competed in the Franchising/Entrepreneurship competition sponsored by DECA within the last year.
- Submit a copy of franchising business plan presented at the DECA ICDC.
- Completed package must be received by October 31, 2017, and mailed to Franchise Education and Research Foundation – 1900 K Street, NW., Suite #700 Washington DC 20006
Eligibility requirements for Doc Cohen Scholarship:
- U.S. Citizen enrolled in an accredited college/university in the U.S with a major or primary focus in one or more of these areas of study – business, finance, marketing, food service, hospitality, franchising or entrepreneurship.
- Submit a business plan (up to 10 pages) on a franchise concept you would seek to own.
- Completed package must be received by October 31, 2017, and mailed to: Franchise Education and Research Foundation – 1900 K Street, NW., Suite #700 Washington DC 20006
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants must download the applications by the given link:
All completed applications must be mailed to: Franchise Education and Research Foundation – 1900 K Street, NW., Suite #700 Washington DC 20006.
The scholarship recipient will also receive a travel stipend (up to $1500) to attend the International Franchise Association’s (IFA) Annual Convention to participate in NextGen in franchising programming.
Detailed Information Link: