Award Amount: First prize: $5,000 and second prize: $2,500 each
Number of Awards: 5
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Winner Announcement: January 31, 2018
At Direct Energy, they believe in helping their customers live a brighter life through their energy choices. They deliver the tools and technology necessary to help them buy less of what we sell. It’s in this spirit that they announce the second annual Direct Energy Live Brighter Scholarship. The applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and must be 18 years of age or older.
The Direct Energy is a North American retailer of energy and energy services. The company was founded in 1986. The company has more than six million customers in Canada and the United States, making it the largest energy retailer in North America.
To eligible the applicant must meet all the following:
- The applicants must be a registered college student for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The applicants must be a resident of any of the states where Direct Energy offers energy services: Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and D.C.
- The applicants must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, you fill out all information correctly, attach your current transcript, and include your video through the given link is :
Your materials should be submitted online:
- The applicants will submit copy of transcripts in one of our accepted formats: .doc, .pdf, .txt, .jpg, .png.
- The applicants will submit a complete entry (including transcript, video link or essay, and accept official rules).
- Write a 500-word essay responding to the following question:Direct Energy offers the tools and technology to use energy wisely and efficiently. We help our customers take advantage of their energy choice to live a brighter life with accessible energy plans, innovative product offerings, engaging customer service, and high-end home services. How do you live your life brighter within your community?
- Create a 60- to the 120-second video:
- Your video should begin with a 10-second full-screen “title screen” with the following information:
- Producer’s name (AKA your name)
- The name of the college or university you attend or plan to attend
- The city and state of that college or university
- The title of the video.
- The total running time of your video (not including the 10-second title screen).
- Submit a link to your YouTube video.
All finalists will be notified of their status by January 31st, 2018.
- First prize of $5,000
- Second prize of $2,500 each
Detailed Information Link: